Hecate Grid is seeking a Data Engineer - Energy Markets Forecasting and Battery Dispatch Modelling.
- Data Pipeline Development:
- Architect, develop, and maintain robust data pipelines and orchestration tools tailored for battery dispatch modelling, encompassing data collection, processing, and storage.
- Implement efficient ETL processes to handle diverse data sources, including energy market prices, demand patterns, weather conditions, and other relevant factors influencing battery dispatch.
- Battery Dispatch Modelling:
- Apply advanced time-series analysis techniques to model and optimize battery dispatch strategies, considering market dynamics, grid conditions, and storage capacity constraints.
- Collaborate closely with data scientists to integrate battery dispatch models into broader energy market forecasting frameworks.
- Data Modeling and Warehousing:
- Design and implement data models specific to battery dispatch requirements, ensuring accuracy, consistency, and usability of the data.
- Develop and maintain data warehouses that serve as centralized repositories for structured and unstructured data related to battery dispatch and energy markets.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Work collaboratively with data scientists, analysts, and stakeholders to understand specific data needs for battery dispatch modelling and translate them into effective data engineering solutions.
- Engage with IT, software development, and operations teams to seamlessly integrate battery dispatch models into existing systems.
- Performance Optimization:
- Identify and implement optimizations t
- Regularly monitor and troubleshoot data pipelines to ensure consistent and accurate availability of battery dispatch data.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in data engineering, with a focus on energy markets and battery dispatch modelling.
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python, R.
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g., Ray.io, Dagster) and cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with Docker and image/container management (Amazon ECR).
- Strong understanding of time-series analysis and forecasting techniques, particularly as applied to energy markets.
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts and tools (SQL, S3, Snowflake, Redshift.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Strong communication skills to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Professional development opportunities
- Bi-annual company retreats
Hecate Grid is a leading energy storage IPP that develops, owns and operates standalone storage projects in the U.S. The platform is jointly owned by Hecate Energy and InfraRed Capital, an infrastructure investment with over $14 billion in assets under management. Launched in September 2018, Hecate Grid has leveraged the deep industry experience of Hecate Energy and the secure backing of InfraRed Capital to establish itself as a leading storage IPP.
Hecate Grid is an equal opportunity employer.Employment with Hecate Grid is “at-will”. This means employees are free to resign at any time, with or without cause, and Hecate Grid may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any lawful reason with or without cause or advance notice. Hecate Grid uses E-Verify in partnership with Form I-9 to authorize employment.
To apply please send your resume to Careers@HecateGrid.com. Please include the job title in the email subject line.